Monday, August 16, 2010

Dorm Decorating-Phase 1 (reposted)

I had a little mishap with my blog, and had to delete this post. But here it is for an encore, Dorm Decorating -Phase 1! In case you haven't gotten to enjoy it yet!

I have been coming up with many ideas to decorate my dorm room in the fall, and I think I've come up with a colour scheme. I'm thinking red and teal, muted teal (I'm not letting this teal get a word in). Now, at first I didn't think these two colours went together, and was trying to decide if I should go red, or teal. I've come to realize that I can make my two absolute favorite colours live together for 8 months happily and in harmony. They may not always want to get along, but I think with hard work and a little encouragement here and there, they can work out their differences.

I found these frames on my garage sale trip so I suppose this could be considered a part three of the Garage Sale Adventure. They're so fun and vintage looking, I thought they needed some fun and vintage decor in them. My sister (see link above) and I found some old Hollywood silhouette faces, (Audrey Hepburn, Ginger Rogers..the whole lot) and I traced them onto some homemade paper that I found and then attached those to some gorgeous paper I found at Michael's a while ago, and Voila! I came up with some pretty wall art for my future dorm!





Here's some really elaborate, vintage dorm room ideas! Gorgeous!

Blair Waldorf's Dorm Room -check out the chandelier wall decal at the 'other things to include' section. My sister just gave me one of these that I will also use in my dorm!

Vintage Inspired Wall Art for Dorms -On a whole site for dorm decorating! Who knew such thing existed?

Enjoy!

P.S. Watch for a before and after dorm room transformation to come soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment