Friday, June 17, 2011

Rainy, Rainy Day.

It would have been fantastic to go walking in the rain today! In rain boots and with an umbrella. I love this rain coat! Doesn't look like it would keep off much rain though.



I usually don't like rainy days like today, but somehow, making an excessive amount of Chai Tea lattes and Caramel Macchiatos made for a very nice day! That's the one thing I don't like about summer, making ten million Caramel Frappucinos. Yuck.

After work, I enjoyed the rain, Coldplay, and a Soy Chai Tea latte as I drove home. Very pleasant!

I have been wanting to make my own Chai tea for quite some time. If you don't already know, I love tea! I like to buy tea when I travel somewhere..not very many places yet. But I do have tea from Disneyland! I have yet to get around to making Chai tea though. And I mean really making it. I know how to throw a tea bag in some water, thank you very much! This milk-based recipe doesn't look too hard!

-2 cups of milk (or Soy if you can't drink milk like me!)
-2 cups water
-4 whole cloves
-2 crushed green cardamom pods
-2 crushed peppercorns
-1 cinnamon stick
-1 grape-sized piece peeled, chopped ginger
-2 tbsp. sugar
-2 tbsp. black tea leaves (Assam is the preferred option)

1. Combine everything except the last two ingredients in a saucepan.
2. Let it all simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Add the sugar and tea leaves, Simmer for 5 more minutes.
4. Stir, Strain, Serve!

(recipe found here. With my own twist put on it!)

Pretty easy right? I have good memories of chai tea made exactly like this by a friend of my sisters. I hope I can spend another rainy day making this sometime! What is your favourite thing to do on a rainy day?

I would like to enjoy the rain as this man once did, in a pretty city.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. My favourite thing to do on a rainy day is read Nicholas Sparks and listen to Nat King Cole. Although today instead of Nat King Cole I listened to my new Hillsong Con Todo and Beautiful Exchange Albums !
    I will get you some tea from Germany !! Also I have a bunch of left over tea from Nicaragua you should try. I dont like it but maybe you will! (it's pineapple tea? haha )
    Lets make this chai for a unit meeting next year and then make record bowls like planned!

    ReplyDelete