Saturday, December 10, 2011

On Being a Music Teacher.





Have I told you I am a piano teacher? Yes, it's true. Among being a full-time student, being a Residence Assistant, taking violin lessons, being in drama production, leading a small group at my church, being a girlfriend, doing homework...

and all the rest of life,

somehow I teach six students! I actually love it a whole lot. When I began taking piano lessons years and years ago, I never, ever thought I would be teaching it. Thanks to my fantastic piano teacher, who encouraged me to pursue it, I began teaching out of my parents house, and now teach here at school, and am a 3 years veteran of piano teaching (okay..veteran... a stretch)! I don't have all my piano education, and actually, there are so many more talented piano players here at school that often I feel inadequate! But I know that I love it, and my students continue to learn and improve and that makes me happy. 

Music education. I think it's such a neat thing!

Don't do this to your piano, okay?

Love your piano. This girl wants to keep it near her very often.

You could step all over this piano.

You could eat this piano.

Music is wonderful. Find a space to learn, somewhere like this one.



                                                                         Source: anthologymag.com via Anna on Pinterest

So inspirational!

By the way, as of today, I have learnt 5 songs on the violin! Learning a new instrument is fun!

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. aww youre a piano teacher. I love that. I've always wanted to play piano but the 11 year old me quit...shame.
    http://www.lyzhang.com

    ReplyDelete