Friday, September 30, 2011

Where have I been?

Oh blog. it's been so long! nice to be re-acquainted with you again! And my readers! Hello! September has been so busy. No crafts and no projects these last few weeks, but this last week, I was given lots of inspiration! I spent the week on an Aboriginal Reserve with a team from college. All the second-year students get to spend a week on an Aboriginal Reserve as a cultural and friendship exchange. What a neat experience! If you ever get the chance to do something similar, do! The sense of community and respect they have is unbelievable. I was taught a lot by them, and I hope we were able to teach them something as well. Here is what my week looked like. So beautiful in the fall!

A serene cemetery. So much history.

Picking potatoes from the community garden.

Lookin tired and greasy.

Raising the tipi.


My wonderful team.

The tipi we slept in.

The outdoor kitchen.

Thank you to my good friend Claressa for taking all these beautiful photos! What a wonderful week. Any trips for anyone else within the last week? Or have you all been just waiting for me to post?
 Ha Ha.

Enjoy! 

1 comment:

  1. September is always busy for me too! I love that you slept in the tipi..and community garden?! Cool!! -R (Distinct.Style.Innovation / Giveaway!)

    ReplyDelete