Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Peruse {Food Edition}

Hello friends! This week, I started University, did lots of wedding planning, and ate! University doesn't have much to offer for a blog post, wedding planning has TOO MUCH to offer for a blog post (have you seen how many wedding apps there are?) so food it is! I've been trying some new recipes, inspired after the holidays. And I have lots of ideas to try yet. 
Here are a few of my favourites. I LOVE pasta, so this post might be an indication of that!

Here is a delicious baked ravioli recipe I tried.


                                                                          Source: marthastewart.com via Kristen on Pinterest


The original recipe is on Martha Stewart. I adapted it a little bit. Instead of the ravioli, I used tortellini. I also took out the canned tomatoes (both kinds), and added a 156ml can of tomato paste, filled that can with water and added it. I also added about 10 cherry tomatoes, halved, as I had those on hand. I added some rosemary and some spinach just after the sauce has thickened. I baked mine with lactose free smoked gouda! Delicious!

 One of the next pasta dishes I want to try is Roasted Red Pepper and Goat Cheese pasta! It has a hint of cilantro as well. Looks divine!

                                                                            Source: laurenslatest.com via Kristen on Pinterest


Here's the original recipe.

Okay, lasagna is great on its own, but with roasted butternut squash? Yum! I can't wait to try this one! Maybe with herbed goat cheese as a lactose-free substitute?




                                                                      Source: closetcooking.com via Kristen on Pinterest



I found this recipe on Closet Cooking. Great recipes there!

So, what are your favourite post holiday recipes? Do they involve pasta like mine? Or are you going for healthier options? (good on ya!)

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. OmG! All the food looks delicious~~ *..*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eventhough it 10pm here this post made me crave some pasta! Gimmeee! Good luck with school too by the way :) x

    ReplyDelete